This is a great immune boosting recipe – especially great for those cold winter months –
because it’s packed full of nutrients!
- 8 cups homemade vegetable broth
- 1 cup spring water (add more if needed)
- 2 organic fresh cauliflower, chopped
- 2 organic red onions, chopped
- 6 organic garlic cloves, minced
- organic olive oil (extra-virgin)
- coconut oil
- 3 organic low sodium Go Bio vegetable cubes
- 4 stalks of organic celery, chopped
- 1 organic yellow zucchini, chopped
- 1 organic yellow or red pepper, chopped
- 4 organic carrots, chopped
- fresh peas
- Spices – organic cilantro, cayenne, fresh parsley, chilli pepper flakes, fresh ginger chunk (chopped), fresh basil to taste, Himalayan sea salt freshly ground, freshly ground pepper, curry powder, ground coriander & ground cardamom
- 4 tablespoons Braggs (optional; if do not wish to use soy, leave it out)
- organic coconut milk (1 can)
Mix 4 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil and coconut oil together. Warm up slightly and add onions and all vegetables, except cauliflower. Cook at low temperature for a couple of minutes with Braggs, curry, cayenne, ginger and chilli flakes. Add in garlic cloves (minced). Then add homemade vegetable broth and 2 cauliflowers, 3 organic vegetable cubes, fresh parsley, basil, and the rest of the spices. Cook until cauliflower is tender. Stir in organic coconut milk.
Add more spice to make it a little spicy, and Himalayan sea salt (freshly ground) and freshly ground pepper to taste.
Slightly blend the soup with a hand blender.
If you don`t have allergy/intolerance to dairy, take bowls of the soup and melt pieces of gorgonzola or mozzarella or old cheddar (or mixture of all three) on top of each bowl and place in an oven to melt the cheese, or add a couple of dollops of organic plain yogurt on top of the soup.
Top your bowl with fresh parsley for colour, and serve with a whole grain like quinoa or wild rice, or a piece of 12 whole grain bread or gluten free bread, or whole grain crackers.