Shubhra Krishan February 12, 2013
If you enjoy sprinkling sesame seeds into your cookie batter, on your salads and in your stir-fries, you’ll be happy to know that you’re doing your health a big favor! Tiny, crunchy, nutty sesame seeds are a nutritional wonder. Here’s a glance at the wonderful ways in which they boost your health:
- These little seeds are loaded with essential minerals such as manganese, copper, iron, phosphorus and calcium.
- The zinc in sesame seeds promotes bone health and prevents osteoporosis later in life.
- Among all the nuts and seeds commonly eaten across the world, sesame seeds have been found to contain the highest amount of phytosterols, which are known to lower bad cholesterol.
- Sesame seeds increase your levels of Vitamin E, which plays a vital role in fighting disease.
- Studies show that sesame seeds can improve the effectiveness of certain diabetes medication.
- Sesame seed oil is known to reduce hypertension and ease stress.
- The antioxidants in sesame seeds fight free radicals, thereby promoting youthfulness and strengthening the immune system.
- A substance in sesame seeds has been found to inhibit the spread of many cancers.