In feng shui, elementally speaking, the Water Element symbolizes spirituality and wisdom. It helps us foster a deeper sense of self. It is a vehicle that helps us navigate and seek our inner truth and purpose. And it also teaches us to go with the flow of life.
While nature has its many gifts, the ocean, in particular, has taught me a few new things worth sharing, and they are:
1. Life is not always how you plan it, no matter how much you force or try to control it.
2. Change is inevitable, so you might as well welcome and embrace it.
3. Letting go is the scariest and most liberating thing you can do for yourself. It’s a gift in disguise.
4. It’s totally OK to be by yourself, alone; because sometimes, growth is a solo journey.
5. Learning to be more flexible affords you the ability to adapt. By adapting, you become more understanding, compassionate, and patient, especially when things get a little tough.
6. Clinging to the conviction of certain ideals and thoughts can sometimes destroy you. Once in a while, it’s best to bend the rules.
7. Never underestimate the power of idle silence. Some of the most profound insights come from the quietest of places.
8. Your inner strength manifests when you’re ready to confront your struggles. You are stronger than you think.
9. Make room for less talking, less exchanging. Just be.
10. Embrace all of your human tendencies — the good and bad — because those qualities already make you beautiful and real.